Getting out in nature is a great way to see the countryside and bond with your family and friends.
While we all love the comfort of our own bed and technology, it can be an amazing experience to take some time away from all those comforts and spend a few nights under the stars. You will be amazed with how much closer you will all feel and the memories you will make.
So, what are you waiting for? Get out on the water and go make some amazing memories with your family and friends out in the Australian outback with River Country Adventours.
Our Safari Adventures
Australia is a massive country so knowing exactly where to go for your outback adventure can be difficult. To help guide your next canoeing and camping adventure we have a range of guided and self-guided safaris for your family to enjoy.
All of our safaris, guided and self guided, include the hire of canoes, safety equipment, maps. So, all you need to bring is your camping gear and a motivated attitude.
We have a range of canoes and kayaks that are designed for 1 or 2 people, so you will also be able to learn invaluable teamwork and communication skills with your partner or children while having fun.
Let’s take a look at some of the exciting safaris you can enjoy.
Whether this is your first time canoeing, kayaking or camping, or your hundredth, having a tour guide can be beneficial for ensuring you are safe and know where you’re going.
During a guided safari, your guide may also enhance your experience by sharing secrets and stories about the area as you’re exploring and even around the campfire at night. These types of stories are one of the best ways to learn interesting facts about the land, wildlife and history.
Our guided safaris include:
- Kanyapella safari – the ultimate canoeing adventure. This safari can last either 3 or 4 days depending on whether you start your journey at Wyuna or McCoys Bridge.
- Bridge to Bridge (Yambuna) – this popular camping adventure lasts for 2 incredible days and nights in the great outdoors. During this safari you will stay overnight at a camping area with provided toilets, water and a shuttle.
- Murray River Safaris – these safaris cover all sections of the Murray from Yarrawonga to Echuca. These safaris are day trips, lasting between 5 and 6 hours each so you can be back in a hotel room by nightfall.
Self guided safaris are designed for more experienced paddlers and explorers who have at least a basic sense of navigation. You can also bring your children on these adventures, we just recommend that you have at least one person in your party that has canoeing and camping experience.
Self guided tours allow you to see and explore the outback at your own leisure and enjoy a peaceful camping trip with your family and friends.
Our self guided safaris include:
- Self guided safari Upper Goulburn – with these safaris you can choose to take a 2, 3 or 4 day adventure around Upper Goulburn depending on your level of endurance, paddling experience, or time available. You will be able to share a dinner and company around the campfire each night before settling into your tent to get some much needed rest to tackle the next day of paddling.
- Self guided safari (Lower Goulburn) – with these safaris you can choose to take a 2, 3 or 4 day trip around Lower Goulburn taking in the sights and sounds of the wildlife and outback.
If you’re ready to start planning your next outback adventure, you can visit our website to learn more about these unique canoeing and camping experiences.